CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Encouraged...

Tonight Matt and I were visited by a man whom we had never met before, but who knew about us through one of the churches here. He told us that he had been praying in his car one day and asked God what he should pray for, and he felt like he should come and pray with us. He came with one of our good friends. He started by telling us that he had a word for us, he read the following verses:

Proverbs 3:5-8

" Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

They are such familiar words and verses.. one we have all heard before. However, this time it pierced me heart. I have felt a little overwhelmed with being sick, and not being able to do that much. I have been worried about the future with our baby, with where we will go and what we will do. These words came as such a comfort to me. I was so touched by these words tonight. I haven't been trusting God with everything. I have been scared about the health of our baby, as I am sure every mom is. I realized again, as God keeps reminding me.. that I need to "trust" Him with everything! I know He will take care of us, I know He will show us where we should be and what we should do this summer, and into the fall. I need to acknowledge that I don't have all of the answers, my wisdom is nothing. God has the answers and I need to turn to Him in these times.

I also felt so amazed at this man's obedience. He said he felt like God wanted him to pray for us, so he was obedient and shared this word with us. His obedience blessed me in awesome ways. I can't thank God enough for speaking to me through him. Please pray for Matt and I. Pray that we can rely on God, and trust Him enough to know that " he will make our paths straight." It is hard to not worry about the future, and to not be concerned about the present. Please pray that we can focus on our time here, and make the most out of it. That God will use us in whatever capacity He chooses, and that we can both be healthy through it.

Thank you all so much for all of your comments. Matt and I are blessed by them. We miss you all, and thank you for your prayers and love. Matt had a game last week, where he played better than I have ever seen him. I am not just saying this. He really looks amazing on the ice. When i watch him, I am almost brought to tears. He is using this amazing gift that God gave him, in such an awesome way. God is so good to present this opportunity to us. We feel so blessed! He got three goals in the last game. They were all beautiful. He really takes advantage of the larger ice. He has another home game tomorrow. I love being able to watch him play.

I will try to write and let you know how the game went. We miss you all so much. Thank you again for your prayers!

Love,
Jess and Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
Your letter is an inspiration and beautifully written. I know your future seems uncertain...but your trust in God and His plan will carry you forward. He has a fabulous plan for the 3 of you and will show you in His time. As parents, concern and anxiety are things that just come with the territory! You both are blessed as you continue to do the work of the Lord. Keeping in mind Jess, that you are doing plenty...pregnancy is a full time job!!!! We send our love and miss you!! Swedish

Anonymous said...

Matt and Jess-

Matt I really enjoyed reading your blog entry. You have truly become a man of God. I think it is so cool how you can have the courage and drive to have Bible study with the guys on your team.
Jess I miss you today I was thinking before I came on the computer how much I look forward to seeing you pregnant. I just think you will be so pretty pregnant. I really pray you will feel better soon. Thank you for sharing the verse with all of us readers it really encouraged me with all of lifes uncertanties. Josh and I are so excited to come visit you and see what you are doing in swedan. Love you guys lots. Carm