CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

pray...

In the past few months there have been few days where i have felt like I had enough energy to get through the day. I have had to learn a lesson though as I have mainly been able to just rest, and on occasion get out for a few hours. As I have been resting, gaining strength, and asking God what He would have me do while I am here, I have been reminded of the first time we came to Sweden. I was very ill, and couldn't do very much for the first week I was here. Matt was out meeting people, doing things, experiencing Sweden, and I was at home, alone feeling sad, discouraged and lonely. Although the situation, and circumstances have changed since then, I have felt similarities in the ways I feel now, to the ways I felt then. I realized today, and in the past few days, that perhaps God is trying to remind me of what I learned when we first arrived. Even though I may not be able to be doing things physically here, like leading Bible studies, coaching figure skating, or meeting with friends. I have an enormous job at hand while I am at home, alone. I have the responsibility and priviledge of praying for Matt, praying for the hearts of the people he comes in contact with. I am his cheerleader when he is on the ice, and off. When I watch Matt play hockey, I am constantly finding myself praying for him. Praying for safety for him, thanking God for Matt's health, thanking God for Sweden... and I realized that when I am at home.. i am a cheerleader here also. God gently reminded me of these verses...

Ephesians 6:18-19And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.

Matthew 7:7-8Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Romans 8:26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.


I know Matt is praying that doors will be opened for him, I am praying for this also, but what i didn't really come to understand was the importance of my role, of your role, of all of our roles in this time. When we can't physically be used, when I can't physically help Matt, we have this amazing, and enormous task of praying, interceding and asking God for doors to be opened. We are called to pray in the Spirit, to ask God to move through His Spirit, to ask God to give Matt the words to speak, through His Spirit. Right now, Matt is physically doing the Lord's work, and as I wait for God to restore my strength... i will pray without ceasing. (1 Thes. 5:17)

Thank you so much for how you have been praying for us. Thank you for your faithfulness. I want God to move in mighty ways here. Matt and I are willing to be used, in whatever way. I hope that soon, i will physically be able to be used.. until then... here i am, praying.

We love you all so much. Thank you for your comments, love and support. Matt has a hockey game tonight, and I am excited it is at home so i can go! We miss you and love you all.

Specific prayer requests:

  • For our little baby who is growing lots!
  • Matt, as he is having his first Bible study with a guy who he has never had one with before.
  • Matt's health. That he can remain healthy for the rest of the season.
  • The people who help us to be here, that God may bless them richly.
  • For opportunities to share. Doors to be opened, hearts to be opened.. and that the Spirit will help us "fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel"

God bless,
Jess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt and Jess.....First, we send lots of love. You have no idea how I look forward to reading your blog. I check it daily!! Looking at your letter today is the reason I get so excited when I see a new entry. Your notes are written from your heart with Gods words. You both are being used as God has planned and I know at times its hard not wanting to follow OUR own plan!!. You both are growing in the Lord by leaps and bounds, and its such a joy to observe! You both are an inspiration to many! As always, you will be in our prayers. Ricky sends his love, as well as Lucy and Minnie!!! I love you guys....all 3 of you!!! Youre doing a great job!!!!!
Swedish

Anonymous said...

Jess, you are being used greatly there, as well as Matt....and don't let Satan tell you otherwise! I'm so glad you're listening to your body & taking the necessary rest needed....that's my niece/nephew in there!!! Man, I cannot wait to meet him/her!!! I cannot keep from telling people about God's little miracle being formed in YOUR WOMB AS WE SPEAK!! I want to shout it from the mountain-tops!!

We love you 3, so very much!! We're so very proud of the work that God is accomplishing in Sweden through you & Matty!! I know you will hear Him say to you one day "well done, good & faithful servants"

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Y'all,
Ardy here. I'm sorry I haven't written sooner. I just found out a couple weeks ago where you guys were. (It takes us old folks a while to get in gear).

I am SO HAPPY to hear of your 'expectant news'. I am praying that you will feel better, Jess. I was so blessed not to really feel sick at all with my pregnancies....everyone is different and all are normal. I can relate to having worries about everything too, but thank God, He is in charge. I know you are praying for your baby, you might also pray for his/her mate that they will make good decisions in their life also.

Amy came and dropped Emma off today for me to play with. I so look forward to these days.

Right now it is snowing, hasn't turned the ground white yet but I am hoping we will get lots. We need the moisture badly.

Thank you for your wonderful blogs. I sit here and just cry as I read how God is using you and working in your lives. I know you maybe don't feel that way (when you are sick and nauseus, but God can use us even when it seems like we are in the 'stand still' phase. I called Sharon Couch and gave her your address. You need to let the whole church know when you are in Sweden so we can help. I can't help for a couple weeks but maybe then.

I hope you know we love you so much and are so proud of you. I am SO thankful for that tiny life you are growing. Take care of yourselves.
Love, Ardy