CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Brought back to truth...

This week has been quite hard. I have really been struggling getting used to the time difference. Last night was the first good sleep i have had since I have been here. I have also been feeling a little discouraged. I found out that volleyball will be cut from 4 days a week to only 1. This was hard for me. Volleyball was such a great time for me last year. I am still so excited to be a part of the team and to actually get to play on it this year. However, my heart was saddened. However figureskating has gone from 1 day a week to 2. I guess this opens up some time for me to serve in different ways.

Matt has hockey almost every day of the week, and has also had amazing opportunity to meet with some guys and have Bible study with them. I praise God for this time! How amazing that those doors have been opened. We had a meeting yesterday with the church group that supports us to be here. It was really great. They had everything written out for us as far as expectations of what we should do while we are here. Everything is great. WE are a bit nervous for our new Swedish classes that we will be taking. It is more advanced, and we both still feel shy to speak still. It is hard because we always know we can speak english. Please pray for us as we begin our new schedule next week. We are expecting to be busy.

During my quiet time today I studied Psalm 132. The Psalm speaks of David's journey to return the Ark of the covenant. The first time he tried he failed... becuase he didn't seek out the Lord and ask Him what he should do, and how he should do it. That is how i feel I have been this week. I have felt so discouraged and at times a bit caught of guard by what God has been doing. I was confused as to what He wanted us to do, even though we have only been here one week. When I read about David's struggle and how he only was able to do what the Lord had asked him to do, after he surrendered his own will and asked God how to do it... I was humbled. I realize that my agenda is not the agenda that we should have while we are here. I want the Holy Spirit to be able to move, to speak to us and to lead us as we should go. I want to seek the Lord out first, and His agenda. Ask Him what He would have us do while we are here. I believe that He will be faithful and will show us.. if we are faithful and willing to listen. Then we can rejoice and dance as David did in 2 Samuel 6:14. Once David did what he knew the Lord was asking of him, and by being obedient and seeking out His will... he could rejoice and dance. I can't wait for that day.

It is amazing to have all of the opportunities that we have while we are here. I am so happy to have an agenda to follow, with expectations for our time here. It feels nice to know what is asked of us.. i just have to remember that there is one whose opinions and expectations should come first... and we need to be in tune with Him in order to know what it is He is asking of us. I don't want to be careless and carry things sent from God on an Ox cart as David did haha.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. We truly can feel them. We feel as if the Lord has big plans for the island of Tjorn. We trust that He will use us, as we are willing to be used in whatever way He asks. Please pray for the lives of the guys on the hockey team. That they will see light in Matt, and continue to feel as though they can ask him questions.

Matt has another home game this Sunday. I am really excited. I love the home games. It is great to watch him play. Please pray that this week as we start to get back into things, that we would feel rested and excited. Also please pray for the Lord to reveal what His plans are for us while we are here.

We love you all.. miss you all.. and can't thank you enough!
Jess and Matt

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Matt and Jess
Thanks for another addition to the blog! I look forward to reading the news! Your place looks great....looks Swedish!
I know these times can be tough for both of you....but your commitment to do the work of the Lord will triumph over all obstacles. We miss you, pray for you and know that all will be good!
We Love You!
Ricky and Lucy send their love as well!
Swedish