CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Open Doors...

Hello everyone!

God is just so good! I can't say that enough. he just has blown us away by how amazing He is. This week was amazing. Matt and I have really been trying to seek God out and ask what it is that we should be doing while we are here. We have talked with some of the people here and asked where there is a need for us. We have found out that there is a need for some Bible studies with young married couples. Although we don't feel qualified to teach a Bible study like that, we feel that the Lord is asking us to follow through with this. We are really excited. Please pray for this time! we are really excited for this to start! We really need a time also where we can fellowship with young couples our age. WE feel like this is a huge blessing for us. This Bible study along with the one that Matt will be doing are simply amazing opportunities! We are really excited for these to begin. we believe that they will this next week.

We had our first Swedish lesson this week. It went really well. It was just me and Matt, but we learned a lot and we were both surprised at how much we remembered. It felt good to be able to understand most of what our teacher was asking. I am looking forward to our next class. This week we have also been blessed with being able to get together with many of our friends. God truly knew that matt and I needed some good Christian couple friends, and we feel the Lord has blessed us more than we could have asked for. It is amazing that we can find friends like the ones that we have here... all the way across the ocean. I even baked with my good friend Louice this week.. we made a kind of Swedish cinnamon bun. THEY WERE SO GOOD! ( I say were, because we have eaten most of them... haha) Even though it seems so small.. it was a big thing for me to be able to learn how to do something that is very "Swedish". I felt at home doing it.

Matt has played two games since I last wrote. The most recent one he was awarded "player of the game." He was really excited! They won the game 6-2. The game before they lost 6-4 but Matt had an amazing game with 2 goals and one assist. The team is now in 3rd place and will move onto playoffs. They can't move down a division, and have a good chance of moving up to Division 1.It is so exciting! It is great to see Matt interacting with the guys on his team. It seems a lot different this year than the last. I always see him talking with the guys, and laughing.. even during a serious game. It is awesome! He plays away again on Sunday. The team only has 4 more regular season games before the playoffs begin.

We are both having to make some big life decisions even while we are here. It has been a bit stressful this week.. but we really feel the Lord's calling to return to Sweden. Please pray for the Lord's leading. It is not only decisions about returning here next year... but about plans when we will go home in March. My visa is up in April, and we have to decide what would be best for us when we return. Please also pray for God to reveal what it is we should do. We are seeking out all of our options and asking Him to make it all clear to us. Matt and I cling to a verse that the Lord gave us when we first started dating... it is Philippians 4:4-7


4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
We trust that His peace will come with the answers to our questions. We are praying lots and seeking out His will for our lives. We feel so blessed to be able to be here... and to be doing what we are doing, serving our God. Thank you so much for all of your love and prayers.
Blessings,
Jess and Matt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ~ PRAISE GOD!!! I am rejoicing with you guys for this open door!! God is so good!! I look forward to hearing all about the awesome things ahead! Love & miss you both!! Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to hear you guys speak Swedish...next time we skype I want to hear some, ok??? AND YES FROM MATTY TOO!! :)

Anonymous said...

GOD is showing you the path and is opening doors for you both to do His work. Life decisons are not easy, but when they are made in His name, the choices become more clear. We all pray for you both to have peace with whatever your choices are.
I am looking forward to some Swedish lessons when you return!
Ricky and Lucy send there love!
Swedish

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you two. It is very refreshing, and uplifting to hear what God is doing through you. I will be in prayer for your young married's class. Make the best of it for Him. BobW Family

Anonymous said...

wow....I checked my spelling.. "there"
WHAT I REALLY meant was THEIR!!!!!
sorry..
Perhaps I am not ready to tackle Swedish....I should try to master English first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Swedish"