CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Keeping busy...

Hello Everyone!
Sorry it has taken so long to write one of these. We find ourselves getting busier by the day. Last week Matt's team played against their rival team. It was a really intense game. However, they ended up losing 4-1. It was pretty sad for the team. They play again tonight and they are hoping to come away with another win. It is a home game so I am excited to be able to watch. I really enjoy watching the games here.

We have still been working a lot with the school here. It has been really great! God has just been opening up doors for us that we never expected. I am really enjoying coaching volleyball. It has been an amazing time for me. I never really excpected to be doing that here, but I look forward to going every time!~ It has been going so well that we are going to be having another practice during the week. I coach two different teams and I just feel so blessed to be able to do it. The girls are so much fun, and they love when I try to use my Swedish. They all speak amazing english though so that helps me out a lot! Matt and John do most of the Gym classes in the school during the week. The kids all love it and ask to play dodgeball most of the time. I am just in awe of the position that God has placed us. We get to hang out with those kids almost everyday and let God use us in whatever way He wants. We are so thankful.

This weekend a few of the guys from Matt's team asked us to go to Goteborg to hang out with them. It is so cool to see the guys accepting Matt and wanting to spend time with them. We are really excited to hang out with them. Please be praying for us, as we really do want to be lights to people. We really want them to see something different in us. I trust that God will give us the opportunity to share, and I just pray that we will know what to say when the time comes. I feel as if God is molding Matt and I in this time. I know that He knows the right time for things and we are simply waiting on Him.

It has been such an amazing blessing to get to know the people here. I love their kind spirits and generous hearts. We are able to start making some amazing friendships with people here. They really have taken us in and accepted us and loved us in amazing ways. We can't be more thankful for what they have done for us. We feel so blessed to have the support of family and friends at home, and to also have this amazing church family here with amazing friends who are helping us to feel comfortable here. God really is so awesome. We have family everywhere we go.

This week will a bit less hectic. The schools have a week off, so we wont be teaching this week. Matt has a game tonight and on Tuesday. We wont have Swedish classes either so we are looking forwards to being able to explore the island, and spend some time with friends here. My mom will be arriving next Saturday. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS! I can't wait to show her things here, and to introduce her to the people that I have been getting to know. My mom is great and takes advantage of my travels. She came to Hawaii when I went to YWAM and now she is comming here. I LOVE IT! It is so great to be able to share this with someone from home. I am literally counting down the days until she arrives. She will only be here one week, but we are going to try to do as much as we can in that one week. Matt is already working on his egg making skills as he and my mom have a competition going.

Thank you all for your prayers. We really do need and appreciate them. It is crazy to think of how fast our time is going here. I just am in awe of God's goodness and love. He brought Matt and I into this amazing situation. We know that it wont always be sunshine and rainbows. We know that there may be some trials, but right now we are simply loving being in His presence and enjoying the gifts that He has given us. We miss you all, and love you all! It is so great to know that this is being read. I hope that we are helping you keep up with things here. Please keep the hockey team and the volleyball team in your prayers. Pray that their hearts would be prepared for whatever God has to say to them.. we pray that He may use us in His plans for their lives.

Love you all so much! I will have more time this week to post another blog.

Jess and Matt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys! Wow! My first blog entry!

Here goes ... the second time around! Mom told me how to send a comment back, I did, and then sent it into an Internet blackhole somewhere where I couldn't retrieve it. Of course, I blamed it on Mom ... which wasn't a good idea.

Anyway, I leave in about an hour to pick up th boys form the airport. It will be nice to have them back ... until they break something!

Matt, good to hear hockey is going well. After my self-imposed suspension for giving a ref honest and helpful advice and then subsequently getting kicked out of the game, I have returned with a vengence. Against the Okotoks team you scored two goals, I picked a hat trick and three assists playing centre. Maybe a tryout for your team might be in order!?

We marvel at how God is using both of you and the gifts He has given you. He really does give us more than we could ask or think when we rely on His leading and guiding.

We pray for you guys daily, and we love you both, not only as parents, but as brothers and sisters in the Lord.

P.S. I'm beginning to wish I could come next week, but someone has to be the responsible one in the family ... just kidding!

Love,

Dad Irwin (funny ... that's my dad's name, too! I must be getting old!)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. You both, along with your work there are in our prayers daily.
BobW & Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt & Jess,
I just love reading your interesting (& well written) articles about what you are doing there. I don't get to check on them every day, but I always read up on the ones I've missed.

Sounds like you are not only being a blessing there but enjoying being in the center of God's will for you. I can't help but cry tears of happiness over what God is doing in your lives and how He is blessing as you yield to His plan. I am so proud of you so, Matt, I can't even imagine how proud your Mom and Dad must be. And Jessie, I'm so glad that your Mom is getting to come and spend some time with you. How wonderful!

I'm new at this blog type of stuff so hope this gets there and that I hit all the right buttons!!

Love you, and keep up the good work.

Ardy Wood