CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

One month in Sweden....

Hey Everyone. Today I made matt go on a walk with me. It was very cold and windy, but we managed to take some pictures. We will be putting some more up soon. Anyways.. today is Matt's day to write.. so I will let him get to it. I love you and miss you all!!!!















I can't believe that it has already been almost one month. Time really does fly when you are having fun. Things are going really good here. God has been opening up a lot of doors to let us get to know the people and build relationships. The more time that goes by, the more opportunities I get to talk with the guys on the team. They are starting to accept me more. A couple of the older guys on the team, have invited me a couple times to go into the city to hang out with them. We have played 4 games already. Last night we played at home and won 9-2. God has really been blessing me here. I have been having a lot of fun on the ice. He has put me on an amazing line, and we have really been clicking really well. The last two games, out of a possible 19 goals, our line has had 15 of the goals. I love the style of hockey here. It seems to be suited for the way that I play. I love the big ice. It is great having good linemates to be able to have confidence in. The four games I have played, now I have 7 goals, and 10 assists. I am really just enjoying playing again, i am having a lot of fun. I am really praying that God will use the gifts and abilities that He has given me to give glory to HIm. I am praying that this will give me the opportunity to share the hope that I have with others. Our toughest test to come for our team will be on Tuesday. We play against our rivals.. the Steningsund Stingers! They live just across the bridge and it is a huge battle here. They are in first place and we are in second place. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I just really want to thank eveyone for their support and their prayers. I just ask that you would continue to pray that God would give us boldness and open up doors for us be able to share the good news of Christ. Pray that in everything that we do that Christ is glorified. That it is not us who live, but HIm who lives in us. And that His light would shine through us. It's really amazing how God answers prayer in Jessica's life. We really didn't know what to expect in comming here. Everyone would talk about "Matt's hockey" and "Matt being invoved." And God has opened up amazing doors for Jessica to get involved with the young girls in this comminity. She coaches volleyball three times a week, and coaches figure skating once a week. The president of our hockey team said that Jon and I are stars around the rink, but that Jessica is a star to the young girls in the school and in the community and they really look up to her. I am really proud of her, i know that some of the things have been outside of her comfort zone. She is really just stepping out in faith and letting God work through her and it really is making a difference. I guess for both Jess and I, there are a lot of things that we are having to do that we would normally not do at home. We are really stepping out of our comfort zone, but i read that "Everytime you step out of your own comfort zone, you step INTO God's comfort zone." I really do appreciate everyone's prayers and support. I love looking at the comments that people leave on here, and know that people are really reading our blog daily. That means a lot to us. I love everyone with all of my heart.
Until the next time,
Hej dor (bye)
Matt .. and Jess










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sherri ann says "i cant look at those pictures b/c it just makes me miss them more" haha, cute!! anyway, we all LOVE YOU GUYS & MISS YOU SO VERY MUCH, but we are so blessed by what God is doing there through & in you both. we couldnt be more proud!! love you guys!

Ken, Amy, Trevor & Sherri Ann (Emma's sleeping)

Anonymous said...

Well, I just figured out that I can leave a typed message. I an so proud of where you kids are.....Spiritually speaking,,,,You have taken the first step to what will ultimately be an amazing God-lead journey.... Keep the faith,,,,keep alert for opportunities that the Lord gives you to witness and to water.....You are our extention for spreading the Gospel of Christ. Dad

Anonymous said...

God morgon! Hur ar det? I dont have all the little special Svenksa keys on my computer to make it just right....!
Thanks as always for the photos and the news from the mother country! You are both doing such a great job...go back and read your blog from the beginning...easy to see the how God is working through the two of you, and the seed that he planted is growing by leaps and bounds. We miss you and love you tons. Senare!
Swedish

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pictures, even more awesome reports of God working through your lives. Keep up the great work.
BobW family