CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

To our faithful blog viewers!

Matt and I are always blessed when we hear that people are looking at our blog, and also when we recieve comments on it. It is such an awesome thing to be able to share what the Lord is doing here in Sweden. Thank you so much for your prayers and your support. We truly appreciate your interest in things here.

Today I have been thinking a lot about what it is God wants us to do while we are here. We have built relationships with people. We have tried to help in whatever way we can... but i wondered if there was something more that we could do. Lately I feel an urgency to spread to gospel. I feel like our time here is so short on earth and that I should be telling more people about Jesus. I have been struggling with this urgency, and so today the Lord revealed some truth to me about what i should do with this urgency. I believe that I should be telling people about Jesus for sure, but I believe that first I need to be showing the people here something that seems so simple....... love. I need to show them a love that only Jesus can give through us. The Bible says in Romans 13:8,9

Love, for the Day is Near

8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

I feel an urgency now to show love to everyone I come in contact with. Matt and i aren't just missionaries when we are in the hockey arena, or when we invite people to our home. We are missionaries in our school where we learn Swedish, at the grocery store, when we are out for walks. We are missionaries everywhere we go, and Jesus tells us to "love one another." All I know is that i am incapable of showing that love on my own. Matt and I are asking God to teach us how to love others. God has been teaching me that through loving people, that He will provide the opportunity to tell them about who He is. Our prayer is that all of our conversations will be filled with love and seasoned with salt...Colossians 4:5,6

5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Please continue to pray for us as we keep serving our God. It is amazing to both of us how lucky we are to be doing what we are doing. I find myself in awe of God several times in the day. Today when we were in Swedish class i was almost brought to tears... i thought of how amazing it is for Matt and i to be in Sweden.... learning a new language.. serving our God.. TOGETHER. It amazes me. I am so thankful to our Lord for letting Matt play a sport that he truly loves. I am overwhelmed at the fact that Matt can serve our God while he plays. It is amazing.

We love you all and miss you all.

Jess and Matt


Ah Yes.. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I love you so much. Thank you for so much for teaching me what it means to be a true follower of Christ. I hope that your days is blessed!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so awesome to read about the things God is teaching you & how He is using you!! You may never know how much of an impact you're having there until you get to heaven & GREAT WILL BE YOUR REWARD!! so proud of you guys~we all miss & love you tons!! Keep up the great work for Him & KNOW that you are being lifted up daily in prayer!! ~Amy

P.S. thanks for adding the e-mail alert...I got this e-mailed to my hotmail and knew to come check it!!