CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

5 weeks left?

"Matt Bothwell matchens gigant" This was taken from the Ronnang hockey club website. Matt was named the "game giant". This was game two of three in the first round of playoffs. Their team had won their first game Wednesday in overtime. Matt scored the game tying goal with 13 seconds left. Last night was a great game! They ended up winning 11-3. Matt had 4 assists and played really well. I guess he played well if he was named the "game giant!" ahha. He got three stars in the game and was followed by John the other missionary here in Sweden, who had 2. It was a really intense game up until the end of the second period when the opposite team began to get frustrated and 3 of their players were thrown out of the game. They play 2 more rounds of playoffs in the next few weeks. It is very exciting! They don't play again until next Sunday though. It is great to watch Matt play and enjoy himself. He loves to play and you can tell that it is a lot of fun for him.

It seems like a dream to remember back to the first days that we were here. This place has come to feel more like home each day we are here. It was so fun to introduce Luke and my mom to our friends because I feel so blessed to be able to call them all friends. God has really blessed me with amazing girl friends here. They are so much fun, and just really accept me for who I am. The people here are so loving, sweet, and giving. While I have been here I have simply felt loved for who I am and appreciated in ways that I can't express. It is such an amazing blessing. God has really been showing me that if I put my trust in Him and simply ask for things, that He will provide. Before I came here i really didn't know for sure if I would want to come back here for long term, and it is still up in the air. However, I know for sure that my heart is here. My heart feels at home here. Matt and I have really been praying that God will use us here and that we would be able to bless the people that we come in contact with. But I feel that I have been blessed by every person that I have met. Christian or non Christian I think that by being here I have been able to view everyone as God's Children. I think about the fact that we all have the same creater. I really hope that I can bring this new understanding home with me.

I really try to get Matt to write on here, and he has promised that he would this week. Him and my brother are out making videos of each other doing crazy stunts like walking a log that is over the ocean. Luke leaves tomorrow so maybe then Matt will have some time to write. Thanks again for all of your comments and love. We appreciate it so much! Love you all.
Jess and Matt

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. With only 5 weeks left, don't pass up any of the opportunities God places in your path on a daily basis. I was in the gym tonight with Buddy and Jen, and God placed an old friend in my path, and we got to talk about God for a while. Your guys boldness and faith is helping me here. Thank you for sharing with us.
BobW