CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lobsters going to division 2?

My heart, in this very moment is so full. I feel so many emotions that it is hard to put into words. I can't explain to you how amazed I am at the work of our Lord. He has take Matt and I on this amazing journey and i feel so unworthy of all of the blessings that He has given us. I think of the song verse " every blessing you pour out i'll turn back to praise." It is impossible to take any praise or glory away from our God. He has done so much in our hearts and through us. He has taken us both on this amazing road that we both never even would have thought of. I am overwhelmed at the thought of Jesus dying for us on the cross. He paid our debt, so we can live today.. so that we can be here in Sweden telling people about what He did for us. Yesterday I had this amazing opportunity to share in a kids class. It was for ages 5-8. I was really nervous and unsure about what to say, once I was there and speaking to the children I was so blessed by what God taught me through it. Those little kids are going to grow up to be men and women... and me telling them about what Jesus did for us, is just as important if not more. It blessed me to be able to teach them the song Jesus loves me.. and to hear their sweet voices singing along in english. That whole experience is something I have never had the guts to step out and do in north america. How silly!

God is so faithful! Matt's team won Wednesday night agains their rival team. Matt was named player of the game as hey contributed 3 goals to their 8. The score was 8-3 in the end. This puts them pretty much in the position to move up to division 2. They are in first place. In the past few days Matt has really had the opportunity to talk with some guys on the team. He has had some deep conversations and had some open doors for sharing His faith. I think it is so awesome that God placed us here over easter. I don't think there is a more perfect time to tell about Jesus and the price he paid for us. We have had some of the guys to our house even, and Matt has prepared supper for them. I am so proud of Matt.. you have no idea. He has been so bold in sharing his faith, and so trusiting that he just wants to be used in whatever way. Please continue to pray for Matt as he has some great oppportunities this weekend to hang out with the guys and get to know them better.

I feel so overwhelmed with emotions because.. i am in love with this place, but excited to go home at the same time. I feel like my heart is in two places at once. All I know, is that we feel so amazingly blessed to be used in whatever capacity we can. We want to be lights, we want to live in this place and shine.. we want Jesus to shine in and through us.

Matt has another game tomorrow at home. It is the last game of his season. I know it is a bittersweet feeling to be finished with hockey. He is excited that they made it through playoffs, but will miss playing.

We miss and love you all. Thank you for all of your comments. we appreciate them all.. and we are happy to have some people from Sweden viewing our blog also. Thanks for all your love and support. We love you all!

Happy Easter!!!!!

Much love,
Jess and Matt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK MATT!!!!!!!!!
We will be praying for Gods blessing over you and Jess these last couple of weeks, and that You will be able to share your testimonies, and His love with others.
BobW Family

Anonymous said...

See here or here

Anonymous said...

People should read this.