CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

a blink of an eye....

This is Matt and Jon after their big win on Sunday.


Wow.. three weeks exactly from this day we will be on our way back home to Colorado. It seems like not long ago that we arrived here. It seems so strange to be gearing up to go back. It is kind of a bitter sweet feeling that I have. I am excited to get home to friends and family and have a clothes dryer once again!!!! haha. But I dread leaving our friends that we have made here. I have found myself feeling so comfortable here and so challanged each day. I am not sure what the decision will be as to whether or not we will be comming back, but I know without a doubt that I love this place. IT really has become like home for me. I love our appartment, so cute and cozy and steps away from the sea. I love our friends, they are so loving, accepting and kind. There is hardly anything bad that I could say about this place and our time here. It has really just been a blessing from God. Such an amazing blessing!


Matt had a game on Friday night against a division 2 team. They tied 4-4. Last night they played the same team again and walked away with an amazing victory! They won 9-2. Matt scored 3 goals and had an assist. It was so fun to watch. The team really looked great and they were playing amazing. They have 2 more games left in the series. They play their rival team again at home on Wednesday and then again they play on Friday. They are in first place right now, but the next two games are really important for them. I just keep reminding matt before every game how cool it is that we are serving our God IN SWEDEN.. and that he gets to play hockey here. I think it is the most amazing thing. Never did we think that this would be an option in our life. God really has provided for us in ways that are "immeasurably more than all we could ask or hope for." I am so thankful for everyday that we have here. It is so amazing to watch Matt taking part in something that he has been dreaming about since he was little. I am so proud of him~!


Matt has been having some great opportunities to talk with a guy on his team named Tobias. He came over for supper the other night. IT has been really nice getting to know him. Please pray for this relationship! I feel that God is opening doors for Matt in these last few weeks to be bold with some of the players on his team. I am really excited to see what God does in Tobias' life. I know that Tobias knows God.. but he has a hunger to go deeper and this is very exciting! We have a very busy schedule this week.. lots of meetings, games, practices, suppers, and much more. Everyone seems to be wanting to get some time in with us right before we leave.. but it is great! We love it!


I will update you all more and let you know how the games went. Please continue to pray for us, as decisions may be made soon. We both really want what is best for the churches, the team and the rest of the people here. We trust that God will work out all the details as He has in the past. Our hope and trust is in Him as we continue to walk in His calling. Thanks for all your love, support and prayers.


Much love,

Jess and Matt


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I found your blog and must say that you write so godd Jess. i´m not a member of the church, but I think it´s so interesting to read your thoughts about you life here in rönnäng.

I´m sure you serve your belief.

And of course, Matt we love your hockey!!

And Jess, maybe next year, I come to see volleyboll, you playing !!

Wish both of you a good live, and Welcome back to Rönnäng.

/Hockeymother

Anonymous said...

and jess...
almost every home in Sweden have a clothes dryer;o)

hockeymother

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are really busy, serving God and fulfilling your responsibilites there. Make the most of your last three weeks, and I can't wait to take you two out to dinner and hear all about your adventures for God.
BobW Family

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Every time I read your postings, I get more and more excited for you. When we use the gifts God gives us, for Him, He strengthens them more than anything we could ever do on our own. You guys are a great example of that with whats going on with Matt and the hockey team and Jess with your ability to write such great journals for everyone to read. & THATS JUST 2 EXAMPLES. This has been such a growth experience for you guys and now you can bring that back home and encourage everyone with the energy you have. It will be great to see you and hear your testimonies in person :O)