CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

consumed...

The past few days have been pretty hard on me and Matt. It is now comming to a point where decisions will need to be made about comming back. The hockey team, the school, and the churches all need to make a decision first whether or not they would want us back for next year. It has been really hard to not let thoughts consume me. I feel like daily Matt and I have been evaluating how people are treating us and questioning if they like us or not. I know that all of these thoughts were not from the Lord! It started to become our main focus. This Thursday we have a meeting with the Churches to give a description of out time here and to also present any future thoughts that we may have. Please pray for us in this time. I really feel that it is hard to not always question what people think. It is easy for our focus to change. Today Matt brought me a quote from his book that he is reading and it really hit home for us both. It says:

"A man who wants to lead an orchestra must turn his back on the crowd. Leaders turn their backs on the crowd and follow their mission no matter what the crowd thinks. As you live your life for Jesus turn your back on trying to please the crowd; face Jesus, and please Him with every fiber of your being."

That is our desire. We are here to please Jesus, we are here answering His call. It is so important for us to always remember who is in control. It has been really good to be able to refocus and remember why we are here. We feel refreshed and excited for the last month that we are here. I am no longer thinking about when we leave, but about each day that we still have here. It has been an awesome revelation for us to have. Thanks so much for your prayers. Please continue to pray that God will use us here. Pray that God will show us His will for us... whether it is here or somewhere else. We really want to be where He wants us to be. We miss you all and love you... now here are some words from Matty...

Hey everyone. We were able to make it through the first round of playoffs. The first series. Now we are going to be in the next series to see if we can move up to the next division. We play three teams, so we have 6 games left in the season. We play at home, and then at their home. These will be very difficult games. Each team has very good players. It will be 6 very tough games. I also have an opportunity on March 11th, to share my testimony with a group of young boys. I am very excited about this. Please pray that God will use me and speak through me and prepare the kids there. I am sure some of the kids that will be attending wont know the Lord, so pray that God will give me all the words to say.
Things are going really good on the team. I am getting to know the guys a lot better. I really want to start stepping out and being bold in the last 5 weeks we have here. It is just starting to hit us how fast time is going by. I want to start to challenge some of the guys that I have had conversations with and invite them into our house. I want to be able to speak with "saltiness" to give them a taste and wanting more. Thank you for all of your support and prayers. Things are continuing to be busy for us. But we are thankful for all the opportunities we have. I will try to keep you all updated on our games and what happens. Pray for us this week as some decisions may be made.

Lots of Love,
Matt and Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not let these decisions and distractions consume you, rather let God continue to consume your lives, like you have been, and God and his love will pour out for everyone around you to feel and see. These decisions are never easy, but God will open doors He wants you to go through, and close those doors He knows you arn't ready to open. No one can make these decisions for you two, but I will be praying for Gods guidence and peace for you in this area.
We miss you both.
BobW Family

Anonymous said...

I love how God gave you what you both needed at just the most perfect time. He is SO perfect. Satan will try to use anything he can to keep us from what God is wanting us to get and he is good at it too. The sigh of relief comes from the fact that what we have inside(Holy Spirit) is so much better than anything Satan can throw our way, so bring it on brotha! God will use you both even after you have left. Your lifted up in my prayers and may Gods protection and grace surround you throughout this next month. xoxo Jamie

Anonymous said...

after reading your blog i've been praying extra hard for you guys. This is the verse I've been praying upon you both: James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives GENEROUSLY TO ALL without finding fault, and IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU"
I know God will make clear to you what He wants for you. i love you both so very much & am so proud of your willingness to serve Him wherever & whenever & for however long that may be.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
I just want you to know that I am praying for you. I know these are difficult times and I am sorry its a bit of a struggle. God will show you the path He wishes for you to walk.....keep your faith strong. Hold on tight to each other and know that you are loved!!
HUGS
Swedish