CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Matt's First Homegame....

Hello everyone!
If you are wondering why I am the one who does most of the writing, it is because Matt hates to type. Most of the time he is right here with me, feeding me information. Except right now, so i can brag about his game last night...

As I arrived to the rink 30 mintues early I thought there would be hardly anyone there. I was wrong. The rink was packed! There was hardly any seats open. I was approached by numerous people saying how excited they were to watch Matt play. I knew Matt was a bit nervous before the game. There is a lot of pressure to perform. I am brought to tears remembering what I watched last night... I honestly in all of my time knowing Matt and watching him play hockey, I have never seen him play the way he did last night. He played with such intensity and passion. I knew the entire time watching him, that he really wasn't playing for anyone person sitting in the stands. He wasn't playing to perform for his team. He was playing because he knew it was a gift from God to be able to play, and he really was playing for Him. It was so refreshing to see him in his element and serving the Lord at the same time. Matt played amazing! He scored 2 goals,( should have been three, but they didn't count it) had 2 assists, one penalty shot, and one penatly.( haha) Everyone around me kept telling me how good they thought he was, and how fun it was to watch him.
After the game, when Matt had come home, we talked about the game and how it went. His first thought was " I should have scored on that penalty shot." haha. Right after that, he expressed to me how different it was playing. He loves it, and really prays hard that God will use the gift that He has given him. It is amazing how when you give something over to God in your life.. how He will use it in amazing ways! I was so touched watching his game, and overwhelmed with pride! I am so proud of Matt for stepping out and being used. It was simply amazing. ( I am trying to upload some video from last nights game as we speak)
We played volleyball yesterday in Gym class as well. It was so fun to interact with the kids. Matt and I are both being pushed way out of our comfort zone, but we are loving every minute of it! It has been an amazing journey this far, and there is still a lot of time left in this trial period here. I have made some amazing friends already. The girls here are so excited to have me around, which is so awesome for me. I really enjoy the time that I get to spend with them.
Once again thank you so much for all of your prayers, love and support. We miss and love you all. This week, we will be continuing to work with the school. Matt's next game is in one week, next Tuesday. It is a home game, and I am very happy for that! Keep praying that we will be used in mighty ways here. We are simply willing to serve, and we trust that God will use us.

Lots of Love,
Jess ( and Matt is here now so he approves this message)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates....I love reading news from the "mother" country! You guys are doing great...everyone here is so proud of the work you are doing. However, you are missed! Tonight, just wanted to show off a little of my Swedish....
----inlagd sill-------let me know what you think?????? I also wanted to pass on a gentle piece of advice. DONT EAT THE LUTFISK!!!
I love you both. Take care of each other.
Swedish

Anonymous said...

im just amazed to hear all of that and so excited for you both... honestly that makes my heart burst. You guyz are doing a great thing God Bless you both