CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week #2

Hello again!
Well, I have to praise God for health today! Matt and I are both feeling good today. Yesterday was the first day since we have been here that we actually got a chance to get out and explore the island that we have been living on. It is so beautiful here.. there are like 5 different towns within minutes from each other. We explored 3 of the towns yesterday. We started at a grocery store in the biggest town. It was a bit refreshing. The store was large and had a lot of variety. This made Matt very happy as the store that we have been shopping at is very small and has slim pickins. Matt even found "Sweet Chilli Heat Dorritos." This made his day!
After we explored that town, we went for pizza in a different town. AMAZING! It was the best pizza i have ever had and I am sure we will be there at least once a week. It is cheap pizza.. but the BEST! Thin crust and amazing! It was great because we spent the day with John, the other guy who is here. It was nice to be able to talk with him and get to know him. He has a great sense of humor. I can imagine it would be a bit lonely here for him. I know that if it weren't for each other, that Matt and I would be bored at times, and lonely. It gets dark here at about 4pm, and the sun just starts peeking out at 8am. It has also been raining everyday since we have been here. Not the best weather to get out and do things. Anyways, so we are doing our best to help him feel that he isn't alone here.
Matt had his second practice last night. He already was moved to the top line. (He wouldn't write this about himself.... so i will.) He said he feels a bit tired on the ice. I told him I think it is probably because he is just getting over his sickness. He is liking it a lot, however his mind is always on what God wants for him. He came home a bit discouraged and said " I just don't know how I will be able to build relationships with a lot of the guys on my team." So please pray for his team. Pray that God would open doors of opportunity for Matt. I know that Matt really wants to be used. He wants God to shine through his life. I know that God will bless him for this.
Tonight I venture out on my very first event of my own! I am going to be helping coach the beginners figure skating class. I am very excited, however I am always very shy and anxious (YES I GET SHY SOMETIMES haha) whenever I start something new. So pray for me that I will be able to get past my insecurities.
God has been so faithful to us. He has provided us with all that we need here so far. This comming Monday we begin our Swedish lessons. We have already started to practice a bit. I think the most important thing I have learned is "Jag talar inte svenska." This means... " i don't speak swedish."

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. We love you all!

Hej da (Good-bye)
Jess and Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God answers prayers, glad to hear you are both feeling better. I cant wait to hear more stories of what you guys are up to, and even more so how God is working in and through your lives.
BobW

Matt Gladwin said...

Hey Matt,

I just read one of Bechtold's emails and it said you and your wife are in Sweden. I didn't know you were married or working for HMI. This is truly great news to hear! What a great thing to serve God directly with the gifts He has given. Say hi to Buddy for me.

Love Matt Gladwin #25

ps. I am married too with a 3 year old girl Emma and Catherine is 12 weeks pregnant. Look at me a family man...