CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sick and Sleepy

It is hard to express my feelings in this moment. The past two days I have been laying in bed, so sick, unable to eat much and feeling horrible. It has been so hard to watch Matt go and experience the culture, meet new people, get tours, and have meetings. I feel so left behind. Tonight Matt had a meeting with a group of people who played a huge role in getting us here. They talked about what we would be doing for the next 3 months. It was the hardest thing to watch Matt leave and know that i wouldn't be a part of that. It is hard to understand why I am so sick. I want to be by his side talking about the exciting things to come. It is such a strange thing to be sick in a completely new place. I have been by myself for most of the time since Matt has been out and about. I feel as if I am letting the people down here, and worst of all Matt. I don't want to be on the sidelines, I want to be right in everything! My heart hurts because of the lack of envolvement that I have had. I know that it is only day 2 out of 90... however i want everyday to be blessed, and I want to be used every single day I am here.

I can't express to you how alive Matt looks here. It is as if God made this place for him. He is happier than ever, he is so excited about hockey. His first game is tomorrow. Rumor has it that the whole island will be attending the game to watch him and John. I am so excited for him and can't express how proud I am of him for stepping out and being willing to be used. I really am praying that I will be well enough to go to the game tomorrow. Please pray that God will do a miracle and heal me by tomorrow. I trust that He knows what is wrong with me. I have found such comfort in Psalm 23. It is written on the wall in our appartment in Swedish, and everyday I find myself finding more truth in it.

Psalm 23:
"The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not be in want,
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters ( our appartment is right on the ocean )
he restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness, for his name sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff the comfort me......"

I am simply trusting that God wants me here, and in His time I will be well enough to come along side of Matt and be used. Thank you all for all of your support and love. We feel your prayers. I am thankful that I have time to update you all. I am sure things will get busier and that I the posts will be less. However, I am glad to keep you up to date on this amazing adventure that God has us on. The people here are honestly amazing! They are so sweet and caring and accepting. My favorite thing right now is that all of their Christmas stuff is still up. They love the season so much and they keep it all up until the end of January! It is awesome to see their love for Christ and how they just love the season.

Tomorrow is Matt's first game. He is a little nervous, but I know he will do amazing! Please pray for him. Pray that he doesn't get my sickness!

Much love from Sweden!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we will continue praying for you, in hopes you will feel better. Go get em Matt. I look foward to hearing details about the first game. We love you!
Bob,Tammy & kids.