CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Reminder of His Plan

Hello everyone. This is Matt.
This has really been an amazing trip so far. To be half way around the world and to see that people over here love the Lord so much, that even though they have never met us they treat us like family. Like brother's and sister's in Christ. The most amazing thing about this whole experience is seeing the way the different denominations (pencostal, lutherans, catholics, evangelicals, baptists) are all working together in the name of Christ. God has been so good to us this entire trip. With the exception of Jess being sick it has been really great. The people here have been so accomodating. If only you could see where we live. It really does look like it came out of a postcard. I have already been taught a lesson. Our first hockey game was Friday night. I was told that all of the paper work had been taken care of and I was going to be able to play. It was a big deal as everyone was excited about us being here. I really wanted to go out and play and very pumped up. Two hours before the game, we got a call that they needed another peice of paper, a transfer, from USA hockey. The International office is closed in the USA till Wednesday. This made it impossible for me to play in the game of Friday night. John, the other guy that is here with us got to play and he did really well. I was really upset and I wondered why. Then God reminded me why I am here. It is not about the hockey. We are here for a different purpose.. and that is to be a light for Jesus. So i had to say.. " not my will, but yours." While not playing I had the chance to have amazing talks with two different Swedish guys while the game was going on. It was great to be able to start building relationships.. and to me that was worth way more than playing the game. My time will come when I will get to play, hopefully all of the paper work will come in and I will be able to play this Friday. Please continue to pray for us. Pray that God will give us boldness... that the Holy Spirit will work through us and that everywhere we go He will be glorified. Pray also for the people in Sweden.. for their hearts to be changed and for their eyes to be opened. Also that God would do a revival here. It has been a very challenging time for Jess. She has been ill since we have been here. She hasn't been able to leave the house and meet the people that I have been meeting and see the things I have been seeing. I know that it is very hard for her emotionally as well as physically that she can't do the same things. Please pray for Jess, that God will give her the strength and that God will heal her from this sickness so she can start enjoying and seeing what a beautiful place this is and how amazing the people are here. Jess is still sick, and couldn't attend our game the other night. Thanks again for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for us.

Matt

0 comments: