CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Passing it On...

Good-morning! I am writing this to you at 4:30 in the morning here in Sweden. I just can't seem to get used to the time here. Things have been going alright here. I am finally starting to feel better. However, now Matt is sick with almost the same symptoms that I had. Please pray for him. Matt really wants to play hockey this week. He was unable to go to practice last night because he was feeling so ill. I know exactly how he is feeling. It is horrible to feel so sick, when you want to be out of the house experiencing and new place.
On Sunday we went to one of the many churches here. It was amazing! They were so kind, and sang some english songs for us. A man tried to translate for us. It is just so encouraging to see the Lord move. His love has no boundaries... even language boundaries. I found myself rejoicing and thanking Him. It was so fitting that the first day I actually was able to leave the house, was on a Sunday. The people at the Church have been amazing! We were invited over for lunch and supper that day.
We have found out a few of the responsibilities that we will have while we are here. Matt and I want to be used wherever help is needed. I am going to be helping with a beginners skating class once a week. I also will be helping with a day care program that one of the Churches here runs. This makes me very excited! It will be nice to have things to look forward to while Matt is out scoring some goals. Matt, John and I will be taking some Swedish classes twice a week as well. This is an amazing blessing. Most of the people here speak english, or at least try to, however it is awesome to have the opportunity to learn their language. We will have to practice some on here sometime soon.
Please pray for Matt as he will be working on getting his release forms from Hockey USA. They will be doing some paper work and working this whole issue out on Wednesday. I know that his desire is to be able to play. If he does get his release forms it will be on Friday that he plays his first game. It is an away game, so I wont be able to watch, but i will be there with him in Spirit.
Matt and I really do appreciate all of your prayers. If you have anything you would like to know, please just e-mail us. We would love to keep in touch with all of you. I hope to be able to post some more pictures and videos soon. We are so excited to see what God has in store for us while we are here. We really want God to move in a mighty way here, and use us in whatever capacity He wants.

Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship."

If you would like to see some more pictures of the place that we are living, a pastor of one of the churches here is an amazing photographer, and he has a great website. Most of the pictures are from the summer time, however they are amazing and really do capture the beauty here.
http://www.alphoto.se/Webgallery/index.html

Also, if you would like to try, Matt's team has a website. I can't tell you where to go, or even what to click, as it is all in Swedish. We may be able to find a different one soon, but for now this is the only one we know of. Their team is called the Lobsters. VERY INTIMIDATING!!! haha He is very excited to play for them!
http://www.ronnangsik.se/

Thank you once again for all of your prayers. We miss you lots, and we will try to keep you posted on any new adventures that we have.

Lots of Love,
Jess and Matt

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Matt and Jess! This is amazing! It is so great to hear how God is using you both already, and in spite of sickness and other potential roadblocks! I am praying that Matt will get better really soon, and that everything would come together for him to play this week. And I am so excited about the prospects for you Jess to be able to teach some figure skating and to be involved with the kids. Thank you for keeping us posted on all that is happening. It is great to see God's plans unfolding for you there!
I loved you both tons and you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

WOW, those pictures leave me speechless. I stand in awe of our God. I am so excited for what God is going to accomplish there through you both. Thanks for doing such a GREAT job of keeping everyone posted on life over in Sweden. I love you guys so very much!! GOD IS GOOD!!!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, let Matt we are praying for you both. Thanks for all the updates, and you dedication to God. Just keep in mind that God is still using you and preparing you through all these trials.
We love you guys.
BobW

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Jess! Thanks for keeping us so involved in all that is happening during your journey in the work of God. There are challenges, but He walks with you every step of way. You are blessed! You continue to have our love and prayers as you walk His path.
I love you both....
Your "Swedish" friend